Packing Tips for Moving
Make your packing much easier and protect your goods while they’re in storage by taking note of these packing tips:
● Start by putting together a ‘Portable Packing Kit’, with a marker pen, parcel tape, labels and scissors
● Make sure you have the right number of boxes to hand, in a variety of sizes, we do sell boxes in our stores.
● Use protective wrap on your delicate belongings – it’s the best way to stop scratches, dents or breakages
● Stack plates on their sides and use acid-free tissue paper to wrap them individually
● Drain freezers, washing machines and refrigerators two days before storage – store these items with the doors wedged open
● Always pack bedding or clothes in boxes to prevent moisture damage from ‘sweating’ that can sometimes build up in plastic bags. You can put a ‘moisture absorber’ into your box, for greater peace of mind
● Chair legs and furniture corners are easy to protect but expensive to repair – wrap them in corrugated card for best protection
● Using a wardrobe box will help your clothes retain their shape
● Clean all outside tools and equipment thoroughly before putting them into storage
● Make sure you don’t pack away the essentials, like toilet paper, mugs, milk, tea, the coffee and the kettle!